Thursday, May 10, 2007

Lilac wine...


A beautiful melody by Jeff Buckley. But not much to do with this post :)

Decorating. For me it's not an easy task. Not because I don't know what I like or what I want, but because I know EXACTLY what I like and PRECISELY what I want! Can I ever find it? Heck no I can't!!!! Most of the time I am forced to just make what it is I have in mind, but sometimes that is not possible. This for instance, I have been looking for something like this for a long time, but I didn't really want to pay $50 for it. So I waited and waited and finally found one for $15, I would rather have paid like $5 or $10 but whatever. It apparently is a candle holder but you know once you light a candle in there the top is going to turn black, who can sit there trimming the wick every 10 minuits to prevent it? Not me!!! So now it's a vase :) Unconventional as it may be, I think it works!!! I wish it was a different color though, it kind of blends into my walls. Oh well, one day when I'm finished renovating my bedroom and the kitchen, it might get a new color. It will have to do for now. There is a huge lilac bush in the front yard and on a sunny spring day such as today was, with my studio window open, the breeze blows in and with it the slightest scent of lilac. It was too much of a teaser for me to handle and I HAD to get some for inside :) And there we have it. Of course then I just sat there sniffing it and taking pictures :) So much for sewing!