Tuesday, April 10, 2007

You know you wanna...



...just eat this. I can hardly even look at it without running to the kitchen to make these again. I have refrained for 3 months. No bake cherry cheesecake tarts if it's not obvious what these are. If I make them...I will eat them ALL. Oinker? Maybe.... Delicious? Understatment of the century! If you now cannot controll yourself and MUST make these, don't use anything but E.D. Smith cherry pie filling for topping. It is the best of the best! Now I have to go find something to eat cause I'm DYING looking at that scrumptious little tarteroo. This is just a new post to freshen up the place while I clean up my sewing room to share with you all :)


***RECIPE***
Ok here is the recipe if you want it :) Smush up 1 1/4 cups of digestive cookies or graham crackers (I prefer the digestive cookies) mix it with 1/4 cup sugar and 1/4 cup melted butter. Press it into a glass..ummm 8x8 I think, 9x9? I dunno whatever the square one is, the culinary courses I took have long left my mind I'm afraid! then bake it at 350F for 8-10 minuts. Or you can be like me and devide it up into 24 large size cupcake papers(same baking time)

So while that is cooking take two 8oz things of cream chesse softened and mix it with 1teaspoon of vanilla extract. Mix in 1/2 cup of icing sugar. I run it through the sifter of course to prevent lumps. Ok now go bean 1 cup of whipping cream and fold it into the creamcheese mixture. Plunk that down into the cooled crust(s) and refirgerate for a few hours. I think it's best left overnight, it tastes much more cream cheesie y'know? Then top it all of with one can of E.D Smith cherry pie filling. I know, not rocket science! Easiest thing to make and so quick too :)
So recap:
2 - 8oz pkg Cream Cheese
1 tsp Vanilla Extract
1/2 cup Icing Sugar
1 cup Whipping Cream

1 1/4 Crumbs (digestive or graham)
1/4 cup melted butter
1/4 sugar (totally optional, but It's so fattening who cares, just go for the sugar man!)

Enjoy!